A virtual market place exists on the internet with thousands if not millions of prospective customers being wooed by numerous businesses. Twitter is one of the various social media options available to businesses to communicate with their prospects. Engaging them in the business and what it can offer is one way of persuading them to buy. Twitter is a micro blogging social network site that has millions of members and helps to update people about latest developments, small details and big time plans, with the idea of establishing and maintaining a rapport with hundreds of people. The micro blogging feature ensures that the posts are short, crisp and precise, and yet managing to create the desired effect.
- Twitter is free and more effective as a communication channel- Businesses initially used advertising features on search engines like yahoo and Google to increase their brand awareness. However the potential of being proactive through Twitter holds far more appeal and chances of success since it is possible to engage people individually and personally. It is the ideal medium to send out meaningful messages targeted to increase sales but with empathy and sincerity though effective communication.
- Tweet to understand customer needs- Businesses can use tweets to elicit a response from customers about their needs and issues that they would like addressed. A product that targets specific needs has a higher chance of success than others.
- Twitter to release information on new launches- Instead of spending millions on advertising, Twitter is the best medium to communicate with prospects about new products on the anvil, some innovations and new additions.
- Twitter for promotional discounts- Discounts and special offers and other promotional rebates can all be communicated to prospects through Twitter.
- Twitter to influence and engage prospects- Twitter is the perfect medium to provide appropriate information that can influence prospects and keep them engaged while ensuring they are not overburdened with information.
- Twitter to connect- As a resource available to businesses Twitter is useful to connect with people, follow them and have regular conversations and interaction. For prospective and new customers this is especially useful since it helps to build relationships and raise the comfort level to build mutual trust.
- Diligence through Twitter- As a prospect becomes a client, his Twitter account is a great way to check his credibility and reputation. Conducting due diligence helps in preventing fraudulent deals and ending up with a bad customer.
- Twitter for more prospects- As existing prospects become customers, their network connections can be tapped to add to new prospects and pursue them as future customers. This places a vast network of people at the disposal of businesses to tap and explore for expanding clientele.
- Twitter for feedback- This offers the perfect platform to get an earnest feedback from prospects about how they rate the products offered by a business, whether or not they will buy, and how to make it more attractive for them.
Twitter is a safe communication medium that can reach prospects both far and near. Not using Twitter is a big sales and marketing mistake due to the loss of opportunities it provides to all types of businesses.