In the age of social networking LinkedIn has emerged as the most successful social network for businesses. With its ‘pull’ rather than ‘push’ mechanism, it establishes a highly relevant, quality network of people who have some common interest. LinkedIn appears as a compilation of business and individual profiles updated with images, links and photos, but additional features have made it a goldmine of information. It is this information that can be used to make a sales pitch, and by not incorporating LinkedIn in the daily sales process, means losing out on valuable sales. This is because it is possible to get in touch with people with similar interests within a territory and approach them to make a sales pitch. Finding such customers would ordinarily take longer, and the LinkedIn connection makes them approachable and accessible.
How LinkedIn Helps Sales
- Provides customer leads-With customer profiles visible, it is easy to find friends and colleagues in common who can be used to make a connection and serve as a lead.
- Helps to keep in touch with the latest in your business- People connected through business can be kept updated with latest news on the business front to keep up their interest.
- Helps to sell through networking- Selling is largely a networking exercise, and LinkedIn provides information about individuals and how to enter their network and approach them for sales.
- Enables reestablishing long lost relationships – LinkedIn helps find old colleagues and business associates whose acquaintance can be leveraged for sales.
How LinkedIn Can Help to Increase Sales
- Get a first basic network in place perfectly- The first step to augment sales is to get the right profile that appeals and impresses. A clear picture of the target customer and how to approach him will help in establishing a strategy to get to him. Establish the basic network of known people so that they can be used to reach others.
- Extend business and sales network- Since LinkedIn is a business network and sales essentially a networking exercise, these can be augmented by extending the network to include more targeted clients who can be visibly impressed with your profile and introduce you to their network-thus placing a huge clientele at your sales doorstep.
- Joining groups- Groups like professional organizations and industry groups, alumni and peer groups, all help to create a visible presence and make people aware of your business. This improves chances of getting direct sales calls.
- Build your brand and company image- LinkedIn can be used to enhance the brand presence by placing the same brand and company details on the profile of the sales team. This consistency helps and with links to the website, targeted traffic will increase along with probability of sales.
- Credibility of team can be built by highlighting their achievements and accomplishments besides their qualifications. Customers take better to well qualified and successful sales personnel and willingly get persuaded to buy.
- Recommendations from customers are the best sales pitch for a business. When prospective customers find a product endorsed and recommended by others, they are more willing to buy it themselves.
- Stay actively connected- Being active on LinkedIn helps to stay in line of vision of people and staying connected helps to remind them about your existence. This will make them come to you to buy when they need your product rather than go to your competitor.